I was FULLY intending to tell you about something brilliant tonight, but instead I’m admitting to being just another exhausted mom. Why?
- Last night I was woken up around 1 by Claudia because she wanted to sleep with me. About 2 she woke me up again to tell me she was going back to her bed.
- Madeline climbed into my bed about 3 because she saw a long flying bug and wondered if it would sting her. (I think she dreamed it.) She then poked me every 15 minutes or so to see if I was asleep. I always was. About 4:30 she went back to bed.
- At 9 I had the kids ready to go to breakfast with my parents, brother & his family (but they canceled due to being up all night). I totally understood that one! But since we were ready, we went to breakfast anyway.
- About 11 we went to look for new sneakers for Beatrice who now needed to wear women’s size EIGHT! We wear the same size shoe. Found two pairs on a BOGO sale at Famous Footwear.
- Took Madeline over to TJMax to use the potty and then got suckered into staying there until 1 looking at things like sleep masks for the girls. Honestly, I’m for anything that might keep them in beds.
- Then home for lunch, stopping to get Diet Coke along the way because – caffeine!
- Made lunch for kiddos from leftovers and relaxed for a few minutes (really, just a few minutes).
- It was now 2:30 ish and my parents cleaning lady arrived so I quickly cleared off the bed & closed suitcases in my room and checked the girls room as well.
- Took Kimber (my parents Akita) to the vet together with my mom. Kimber needed a cytopoint injection for allergies. (The girls stayed home with grandpa while we did this.)
- Got home about 4 and we needed to meet my brother & his family for taco Tuesday since we had missed breakfast with them. Planned to meet at 5 so we had about 30 minutes. I genuinely have no recollection of what I did during that time. None.
- Got in the car and headed to Cozymels. After being there for about 15 minutes Claudia said she was sick. Then she started crying. I took a look at her and she had a fever. Ugh. She was begging to go home. My mom took her out and I got a mango & strawberry frozen margarita.
- As we were finishing dinner at about 6:30 Claudia and my mom returned. Claudia said she was feeling better. She wanted dinner. So we got dessert and she got dinner. We were driving home about 7:30.
- While driving home (I was in my dad’s car with Madeline & Claudia) Mom called and asked if they could go out looking for earrings for Beatrice. She said she needed some. No. Just no. I didn’t think tonight was a good night for an earring emergency.
- About 8 we all got home and by 9 the girls were snug in their beds asleep after stories and songs. Well, kinda. Claudia begged to sleep with me since she actually wasn’t feeling very well. I really really wanted to say no, but I said sure and gave her a hug.
By 10 pm I very much hope to be in my bed SNORING, but honestly I also want to watch a little bit of a show and pretend I’m an adult with at least a tiny life of my own. Not sure which one will win out. Hugs mommas! Our job is far from easy and I’m cheering you on!!!